Recipe by Mysterygirl
My late Uncle Larry was all Texan and he loved to cook. This was his recipe for beef ribs. I like to use this on pork steaks though. Either way, enjoy it.
- 5 lbs short rib of beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce (hot or mild)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Roll ribs in flour to coat.
- Arrange in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Spread onions and peppers over meat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and spoon over the top of the meat.
- Bake for 3 hours or until meat is well done.
- Serve over rice or noodles.