Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a sauce that one my late uncle used to make. It makes a lot of sauce but it can be stored in the refrigerator and used when needed. It is a great marinade as well as a sauce. Warning! It has a "bite" to it so if you want it milder, reduce the Tabasco to one bottle.
- 1 gallon red wine vinegar
- 2 (2 ounce) bottles Tabasco sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle olive oil
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 1 dozen lemon, cut in half and juiced. Save rinds
- 2 (10 ounce) bottles Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) box brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) jar prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- Mix all of the above together in a very large pot except the lemon rinds.
- Add the lemon rinds after mixing together al other ingredients.
- Simmer this mixture for 1 hour.
- Allow it to cool and bottle it for later use.