Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I bring this to every cookout and it never fails that I'm asked for the recipe. I never have any to bring home.
- 4 cups pork and beans
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chpd
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- Pour beans into casserole dish and stir in ketchup, onions, Worcestershire, brown sugar, cayenne, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Cover top of beans with strips of bacon if desired.
- Sprinkle additional brown sugar on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 2 hours.
- Serves 4-6.
So good! Didn't have time to bake them, so just put on the stove top, but the flavor is awesome :-).
This has become my go-to recipe for baked beans. Lots of compliments when I make them.
This recipe was the best! So very easy and my neice said to her mother, "Why can't you make beans like this!" Woo hoo! Thank you so much for sharing this fine recipe with me! I did add some left over T-Bone steak as I had to use my leftovers a little! But I know it wasn't the steak that clenched the tastiness all by itself! LOL Oh and I crumbled my bacon into it as well instead of laying the strips on top. Very yummy! Jelly :)