Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This recipe is from Southern Living, and is a wonderful one! You can also use this recipe for stuffing jumbo shrimp....MMM MMM good!
- 3 slices white bread
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard (I like Dijon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, fresh, drained and picked free of little shell pieces
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse bread in a food processor 6-7 times, or until coarsely crumbled, set aside.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 9 ingredients (up to the hot sauce) in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the coarse bread crumbs and the crabmeat - be careful not to break up the crabmeat too much.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties and place on a baking sheet. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Cook crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil that has been heated in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 3-4 minute on each side or until golden brown.