Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Uncle Dom used to make this for me all the time when I first moved out on my own and all I knew how to make were ramen noodles! This was one of the first dishes that I learned to make. It is SO delicious!
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, this depends on if you like your sauce liquidy...more liquidy more oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut up however you like it
- 1⁄3 cup fresh garlic, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh scallions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white wine, again the amount depends on your liking of a liquidy sauce
- put oil and chicken in pan and slightly brown chicken.
- chop up garlic, scallions and tomatoes don't cut tomatoes too small though.
- Add scallions, garlic and lemon juice.
- Cook until you smell the garlic, don't let the garlic brown.
- Add Butter.
- Add cooking wine.
- Add tomatoes, cook for 30 seconds.
- Serve with parsley garnish over spaghetti if you like.
I used pre-cooked, shredded chicken breast in this...so I started with 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil and sauteed the onion and garlic over low heat, then added canned diced tomatoes (and the lemon juice) and let this simmer for a while. I added the chicken, butter and wine toward the end, when our angel hair pasta was finished and we were ready to eat. What a great combination of flavors! (I used 3 fat garlic cloves, but I know that didn't equal 1/3 cup.) I chose to let this simmer a long time in the skillet, and it was just fabulous! This recipe would also be great without chicken. I am happy to know about this recipe because it's a winner...whether you need dinner quickly or have a little time to let it simmer. Thanks to your Uncle Dom!
just delicious! i cooked for 1 and adjusted accordingly. no spaghetti, but i had with a salad with italian dressing. some italian bread or rolls would have been a great addition :)
I chose this recipe for Pick a Chef '06. It was very tasty. I served it over spaghetti. I split the difference and used 1/3 cup each of oil and white wine. With a salad and French bread this was a very good meal. Thanks for posting.