Recipe by Uncle Dobo
This is a very popular recipe with my family of sisters and their kids. Both my sisters claim this recipe as "theirs." ;) Good for breakfast or even dinner. I’ve heard that a lot of college kids and bachelors like this one, too. It tastes great, but since it’s full of butter, noodles, and cheese it’s not something I make often.
Top Review by Andtototoo
Really enjoyed this. I made it specifically for my vegetarian daughter who thought that it was very good. Next time I might add a dash of dried Italian seasonings. I made the omelet using 1 minced green onion. I can also see doing something Asian with this recipe, adding cooked shrimp or pork would be good also.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions or 2 tablespoons chopped scallions or 2 tablespoons chopped chives, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Tabasco sauce, for serving (optional)
- salsa, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ramen according to package directions, but without adding the seasoning packet (too much sodium, so toss the packet). Drain well.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the Parmesan and stir well. The cheese should almost become like a paste together with the butter.
- Add the cooked noodles and stir well to coat.
- In a bowl mix together the egg and onion/scallion/chives.
- Pour the egg mixture over the noodles in the pan and stir well.
- Cook omelet until egg has set, then flip half of the omelet over the other.
- You can garnish with extra Parmesan, if you like. Serve.
- Makes 2 big servings.