Recipe by Uncle Dobo
This is one of the things I’ve made for years that friends ask me to make for meals.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I do like the corn in recipes like this so did add an additional cup of kernels to it, but otherwise followed the recipe & we were both very, very satisfied with these fritters. Had it just been myself, I might have left out the Parmesan cheese, but my other half loved that stuff, so . . . Still a great recipe, & many thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine egg, Parmesan, Bisquick, salt, pepper, and milk with the can of creamed corn and stir well.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and drop the fritter mixture by spoonfuls into the oil. Brown on each side.
- Goes well with seafood for dinner or served with syrup for breakfast.
- Makes 6-8 fritters.