Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of the things I’ve made for years that friends ask me to make for meals.
Make and share this Uncle Dobo’s Easy Corn Fritters Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- cooking oil
- In a bowl combine egg, Parmesan, Bisquick, salt, pepper, and milk with the can of creamed corn and stir well.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and drop the fritter mixture by spoonfuls into the oil. Brown on each side.
- Goes well with seafood for dinner or served with syrup for breakfast.
- Makes 6-8 fritters.
I do like the corn in recipes like this so did add an additional cup of kernels to it, but otherwise followed the recipe & we were both very, very satisfied with these fritters. Had it just been myself, I might have left out the Parmesan cheese, but my other half loved that stuff, so . . . Still a great recipe, & many thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]
I didn't have creamed corn and just drained a can of plain corn to use in this recipe. I used Bisquick Heart Smart and skim milk. Also liberally sprayed the frying pan with Pam and then used a total of 2 teaspoons canola oil to fry the entire batch. I didn't use any toppings just ate them plain and thought they were delicious.
I made these to bring back memories of my mom's corn fritters for lunch. I omitted the parmesan and used 8 oz each of cream corn and whole kernel corn. Sometimes even grandmas need their mom's comfort foods and these turned out perfect served with a little buttered maple syrup. Thanks for posting Uncle Dobo. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.