Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My easy way of BBQing salmon. When I was working on the fishing boats in Alaska, we usually fixed the salmon this way. You can leave off the bacon, if you want, but it tastes so good with it!
- 1 (4 lb) salmon, skin-on fillet, small bones removed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, in slices
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb sliced bacon
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 finely minced garlic cloves or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- aluminum foil
- Prepare your barbecue.
- Double foil piece(s) large enough to hold salmon in a packet.
- Mix together the mayo, garlic, and mustard (if using). Slather the place where the salmon will sit with about a quarter of the mixture.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Lay lemon slices on top of salmon. Wrap salmon with the bacon.
- Lay the wrapped salmon on the mayo mixture on the foil package. Slather the wrapped salmon with the remaining mayo mixture.
- Barbecue on the grill until done and flakes easily, which will take about 20-25 minutes. Discard bacon before serving.
- Makes 8 servings.
We cooked this in the oven and might suggest precooking the bacon partially.