Recipe by Jennifer Bennifer
In Loving Memory of Carl Dean Gilbert. My Uncle Dean was a great cook. I found this recipe in a cook book my mom had given me. I made it today and it is delicious. I'm eating some right now. Its very addicting. I've closed the bag about 6 times and I keep having to get more. It's so good. Thanks Uncle Dean. I miss you.
- 3 lbs deer, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 large onion (chopped very fine to bring out more flavor)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke (hickory)
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Set 8 hours in fridge
- Bake 3 hours @ 140 Degrees.
- Tip: It is easier to slice the meat thin if it is partially frozen.
- I used 3 lbs of deer steaks. (you can also use beef, turkey breast ect.) I also used a gallon zipper bag to marinate it in, mixing it occasionally. I marinated it for about 36 hours. Also, My oven doesn't go to 140 degrees so i used my dehydrator. I dried it for about 7 hours. It is fairly crunchy. My dehydrator doesn't have a temperature setting, so I don't know what the temperature was.