Recipe by Izzy Knight
No one will be able to resist these heaven-sent fish cakes. And they are incredibly easy. Give it a try and you will thank Uncle Charly.
Top Review by Chef Willi
My family loves salmon and really enjoyed these fish cakes. I was puzzled however in the method where it said to add peppers but did not find peppers in the ingredients. I added red pepper just in case and loved it.
- 1 can salmon, drained
- 3⁄4 cup mashed potato (minced)
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup canadian parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Medium size bowl, combine salmon, potatoes, cream, onion, peppers, parslye, and chives.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into four cakes.
- Coat with Parmesan cheese.
- Dip cake in beaten egg, let the excess run off, then coat with bead crumbs.
- Heat butter in non-stick pan.
- About 2 minutes each side.
- Great with a bed of couscous salad!