Recipe by wicked cook 46
This is my brother in laws recipe. I use 7 cups of flour with the extra cup for rolling depending on the weather.
Top Review by SheilaCanney
It's nice to see a good doughnut recipe that you can make from scratch. These doughnuts were awesome and they will be made again! I dipped some in confectionary sugar, sugar and cinnamon and sugar mix. They were quickly eaten in a flash!
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 -8 cups flour
- sugar, for dusting
- oil or shortening (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add to cream mixture alternatly with the milk.
- Roll, in batches , about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into doughnut shapes.
- Fry in fat 365 degrees.
- Flip when golden brown and continue cookng.
- Remove form fat, drain on a rack and while still warm roll in sugar.