Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this recipe from my Uncle Bob, who would bring this to Christmas every year! If you don't like spicy chili, use half regular chili beans and chili mix instead of hot!
- 1 lb bacon (diced)
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb hamburger
- 4 (15 ounce) cans hot chili beans
- 4 (15 ounce) cansregular kidney beans
- 1 onion
- 2 green peppers
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (chili ready)
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 celery ribs
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packetsof regular chili seasoning mix
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packetsof hot chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cook bacon, sausage, and hamburger; drain and add onion, green peppers and celery. Stir and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chili mixes, tomatoes, and tomato sauce-stir.
- Add beans and sugar; stir.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 hours!
- The servings listed below are just an estimate, this recipe makes a lot so you can freeze some for a later date!