1/6 Photos of Uncle Bill's Yorkshire Pudding
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe has never failed me yet and when the Yorkshire pudding is ready, it is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine milk and flour.
- 3Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition until batter is smooth.
- 4Add salt and mix well.
- 5Heat a 12 cup muffin pan for 3 minutes in preheated 450 F oven.
- 6Remove pan from oven and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil to each muffin cup.
- 7Return muffin pan to preheated 450 F oven and heat for about 2 minutes or until oil gets hot (THIS IS VERY IMPORANT.) Remove heated pan from oven and spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter into each cup until mixture is evenly distributed in the 12 cups.
- 8Return to oven and bake in preheated 450 F overn for 10 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to 350 F and continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until Yorkshire pudding has risen and is lightly browned.
- 10DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR AT ANYTIME DURING THE BAKING PERIOD.
- 11At the end of the baking time specified, you may open the oven door to take a peek at the pudding to see if it has risen and is lightly browned.
- 12Remove from oven and serve immediately with your favorite gravy recipe along with your roast.
- 13If you have any fat from your roast, you may use this in lieu of the olive oil.
- 14Prepare muffin pan in the same manner.
- 15For an easy gravy, see No-Fat Gravy.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Yorkshire Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 123.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g