A hearty and healthy soup. Excellent on chilly days. Very easy to prepare.
Make and share this Uncle Bill's Vegetarian Minestrone Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 177.44 ml chopped onion
- 709.77 ml water
- 473.18 ml diced zucchini
- 236.59 ml diced carrot, peeled
- 236.59 ml canned cannellini beans or 236.59 ml you may use other white beans
- 177.44 ml diced celery
- 4.92 ml dried basil or 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh basil
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 28 fluid ounce canned plum tomatoes, dice and include liquid
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml uncooked ditalini or 59.14 ml elbow macaroni
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until just lightly browned.
- Add water, zucchini, carrots, canellini beans, celery, basil, oregano salt, pepper, tomatoes and garlic.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add macaroni, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Adjust spices to suit your taste.
- Serve hot.