Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A hearty and healthy soup. Excellent on chilly days. Very easy to prepare.
Top Review by averybird
Yum yum! A very warming and tasty minestrone with lots of zucchini (a plus!) It is also very tomato-ey, so if you love tomatoes you will enjoy this very much. My only suggestion is to cook the celery a little longer (with the onions maybe?) so they become more tender. I had to cook my soup awhile more until they softened. Also added some fresh spinach and basil from the garden. Thanks, Uncle Bill. [Made for All You Can Cook Tag]
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 177.44 ml chopped onion
- 709.77 ml water
- 473.18 ml diced zucchini
- 236.59 ml diced carrot, peeled
- 236.59 ml canned cannellini beans or 236.59 ml you may use other white beans
- 177.44 ml diced celery
- 4.92 ml dried basil or 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh basil
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 28 fluid ounce canned plum tomatoes, dice and include liquid
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml uncooked ditalini or 59.14 ml elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until just lightly browned.
- Add water, zucchini, carrots, canellini beans, celery, basil, oregano salt, pepper, tomatoes and garlic.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add macaroni, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Adjust spices to suit your taste.
- Serve hot.