1/7 Photos of Uncle Bill's Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A hearty and healthy soup. Excellent on chilly days. Very easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced carrot, peeled
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans or 1 cup you may use other white beans
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 28 fluid ounces canned plum tomatoes, dice and include liquid
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup uncooked ditalini or 1/4 cup elbow macaroni
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chopped onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until just lightly browned.
- 3Add water, zucchini, carrots, canellini beans, celery, basil, oregano salt, pepper, tomatoes and garlic.
- 4Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add macaroni, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- 6Adjust spices to suit your taste.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 577.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g