A hearty and healthy soup. Excellent on chilly days. Very easy to prepare.
Make and share this Uncle Bill's Vegetarian Minestrone Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced carrot, peeled
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans or 1 cup you may use other white beans
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 28 fluid ounces canned plum tomatoes, dice and include liquid
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked ditalini or 1⁄4 cup elbow macaroni
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until just lightly browned.
- Add water, zucchini, carrots, canellini beans, celery, basil, oregano salt, pepper, tomatoes and garlic.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add macaroni, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Adjust spices to suit your taste.
- Serve hot.