Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This soup is one of my latest developments. Has a creamy, smooth taste and all the healthy veggies.
- 8 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 28 fluid ounces canned tomatoes, mash and include liquid
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 12 green string beans, cut into 1/2 inch long pieces
- 3 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 1/2 inch
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 3⁄4 cup baby peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large cooking pot, add water and bring to boil.
- Add quartered potatoes, crushed tomatoes including liquid, onion, carrots, beans, chicken soup base and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes into a bowl and mash.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter and 1/4 cup of whipping cream to the mashed potatoes and mix well to blend; set aside.
- To soup pot add 2 tablespoons of butter, cubed potatoes, celery, small peas, dried dill weed, salt, pepper and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Add mashed potato mixture and stir well.
- Bring soup just to boil.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve hot.