William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This soup is one of my latest developments. Has a creamy, smooth taste and all the healthy veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 28 fluid ounces canned tomatoes, mash and include liquid
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 12 green string beans, cut into 1/2 inch long pieces
- 3 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 1/2 inch
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 3/4 cup baby peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1In a large cooking pot, add water and bring to boil.
- 2Add quartered potatoes, crushed tomatoes including liquid, onion, carrots, beans, chicken soup base and bring to boil.
- 3Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 4Remove potatoes into a bowl and mash.
- 5Add 3 tablespoons of butter and 1/4 cup of whipping cream to the mashed potatoes and mix well to blend; set aside.
- 6To soup pot add 2 tablespoons of butter, cubed potatoes, celery, small peas, dried dill weed, salt, pepper and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- 7Add mashed potato mixture and stir well.
- 8Bring soup just to boil.
- 9Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 545.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g