William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
Most fruits can be used as fillings for the RUSSIAN PEROSHKY.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using strawberries, remove hulls, wash and slice.
- 2If using raspberries, huckleberries, use whole.
- 3If using rhubarb, cut into small pieces.
- 4If using cherries, pit first.
- 5If using peaches or apricots, remove stones and cut fruit into pieces.
- 6In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar and tapioca starch, mix well to blend.
- 7Add sugar/tapioca starch mixture to fruit and mix well to coat.
- 8Let sit for 5 minutes before using.
- 9Fill pastry cups with 1 1/2 tablespoons of your choice of fruit mixture.
- 10Add 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar to each tart.
- 11Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is just lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Variety of Fruit Fillings for Pyroshky
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: