Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
Most fruits can be used as fillings for the RUSSIAN PEROSHKY.
Top Review by ladyfingers
This fruit filling is the perfect addition to Bill's peroshky dough recipes. I'm willing to bet most cooks have one of the fruits on hand, along with all the ingredients to make the dough. Simplicity at its best--Uncle Bill's grandma knew what she was doing! These taste great.
- 3 cups strawberries or 3 cups raspberries or 3 cups sour cherries or 3 cups huckleberries or 3 cups rhubarb or 3 cups peaches or 3 cups apricots
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
Directions See How It's Made
- If using strawberries, remove hulls, wash and slice.
- If using raspberries, huckleberries, use whole.
- If using rhubarb, cut into small pieces.
- If using cherries, pit first.
- If using peaches or apricots, remove stones and cut fruit into pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar and tapioca starch, mix well to blend.
- Add sugar/tapioca starch mixture to fruit and mix well to coat.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before using.
- Fill pastry cups with 1 1/2 tablespoons of your choice of fruit mixture.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar to each tart.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is just lightly browned.