Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice, cooling Aspic. A similar recipe was given to me by my friends in Riverside, California. I added a few ingredients.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup canned tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped Spanish onions or 1⁄2 cup red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve lemon jello in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Add tomato juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper; stir well to blend.
- Let cool slightly.
- Add onion, sweet red pepper and celery and stir to mix.
- Pour mixture into individual moulds (about 2 1/2" in diameter by 1" deep).
- You can use muffin tins, fill with about 1" of mixture in depth.
- Chill in freezer for about 1 hour or until set.
- Serve with a green salad, seafood or devilled eggs.
lemon jello is overwhelmingly sweet! Ingredients, even hot peppers cannot adjust the overwhelming flavor of the sweet Lemon Jello. I tried it, appreciate certain value, but cannot condone any recipe that uses lemon Jello.