Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These oysters are very easy to prepare and can be eaten as an appetizer.
Make and share this Uncle Bill's Steamed Oysters recipe from Food.com.
- Shuck oysters carefully and save the shell.
- Arrange oysters in a half shell on a heat-resistant plate ready for steaming.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, garlic and grated ginger and cook until pale golden, about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add brandy and ignite, shaking pan to mix; cook until alcohol is burned off, about 10 seconds.
- Spoon lemon juice equally on each oyster that are arranged in the half shell.
- Spoon chili sauce equally on each oyster.
- Top each oyster with the chopped green onions.
- Place plate of oysters in a steamer.
- Cover and let steam for 6 to 8 minutes or until oysters are done to your likeness.
- Serve immediately.
- If you buy oysters already shucked, then place them in egg cups that are used for poaching eggs, also use the pan that comes with the egg cup.
- Firstly, spray each egg cup with olive oil or a good cooking oil.
- Place one oyster in each cup.
- Proceed to prepare oysters as noted above.
- Add about 3 cups of water to the steaming pan and bring to boil.
- Place the cups into poaching tray and then into the steamer.
- Cover and let steam for about 8 minutes or until oysters are done to your likeness.