Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been experimenting with cranberries to try and come up with a sauce that has some delightful flavors. I used various combinations of ingredients and woweee, this one so far is the best.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries or 12 ounces frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup frozen concentrated orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple-orange marmalade
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Wash the cranberries thoroughly in cold water. If using frozen cranberries, thaw first.
- In a medium size saucepan, add cranberries, orange juice, water, sugar, orange-pineapple marmalade, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, lemon zest and orange zest.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries pop, stirring occasionally.
- When cooked, discard cinnamon stick.
- Let cool and then store in a glass container with lid or a dish covered with plastic wrap.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Use as required.
- NOTE: If desired, add 1 1/2 ounces of Light Bacardi Rum when cooking the sauce.
- This is for ADULTS only who accept liquor.
- This gives the cranberry sauce a whole new taste. This is YUM, YUMMY good.
Uncle Bill--you rock. I tried this because I LOVE LOVE LOVE cranberries and I will shamelessly admit I ate it all myself. I didn't find pineapple orange marmalade, so I used orange and threw in a can of crushed pineapple. Normally when trying something new, I follow the recipe to the letter, or I don't rate it, but in this case it was so good, I will always make it this way. Thank you again for another good recipe, and keep em comin!!