Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
I have been making this recipe for a mumber of years, simple, easy and tastes good.
- 6 large potatoes (Yukon Gold preferred)
- 4 large green onions or 4 large scallions, chopped
- 8 large radishes, diced small
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced small
- 2 large celery ribs, diced small
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Kraft Miracle Whip preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika, for sprinkle on salad
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large cooking pot or a saucepan, add unpeeled potatoes and cover with water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are just fork tender; DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Drain and immediately pour cold water over potatoes.
- Drain after sitting for about 2 minutes.
- Peel the skins off and discard.
- When potatoes are cool enough to the touch, cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the vegetables as noted and add to the cubed potatoes.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Mix gently with a large spoon until mixture is blended and well coated.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- The potato salad should be quite moist, NOT DRY.
- Add additional sour cream if necessary.
- Transfer potato salad to a bowl.
- Sprinkle with Hungarian paprika and refrigerate for about 1 hour to chill.
- Refrigerate any unused portion.