Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been making these cookies for over 50 years. The recipe was given to me by my Nana who came to Canada from England just after the First World War.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together butter, sugar and almond extract; beat until very light and fluffy.
- Combine butter mixture with flour and mix by hand until dough is very smooth.
- If dough is too hard to handle, refrigerate for about 1/2 hour to chill.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place dough balls on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten to desired thickness, about 1/4 inch thick using the bottom of a drinking glass preferably with a pattern on the bottom.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Store cookies in a container with lid.