William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I have been making these cookies for over 50 years. The recipe was given to me by my Nana who came to Canada from England just after the First World War.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- 3In a separate mixing bowl, mix together butter, sugar and almond extract; beat until very light and fluffy.
- 4Combine butter mixture with flour and mix by hand until dough is very smooth.
- 5If dough is too hard to handle, refrigerate for about 1/2 hour to chill.
- 6Form dough into 1 inch balls.
- 7Place dough balls on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Flatten to desired thickness, about 1/4 inch thick using the bottom of a drinking glass preferably with a pattern on the bottom.
- 9Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 10DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- 11Store cookies in a container with lid.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Scotch Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.0
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 165.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g