Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
Both kids and grown-ups will love these nuggets. Serve as a main course or with a Piquant Yogurt Sauce for a tasty appetizer.
Top Review by Sharon123
I made these last night for a nice light supper. They were nice and mild. I served them with teriyaki sauce. I have a little leftover, which I'm going to try with honey mustard sauce. Thank you Uncle Bill!
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) canof pacific sockeye salmon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft fresh breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin and bones and discard before using salmon.
- In a mixing bowl, add salmon including juices and mash well.
- Add onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 1 cup of bread crumbs, mustard, Tabasco sauce, beaten egg, thyme and pepper.
- Mix with a fork until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls, then flatten slightly with a fork.
- Roll nuggets in remaining bread crumbs.
- In a frying pan, heat butter on medium-high heat.
- Swirl to cover bottom of pan.
- Add nuggets and cook over high heat for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- TO MICROWAVE THE NUGGETS.
- Place nuggets in a circular pattern on a shallow microwave-proof dish, leaving the center clear.
- Microwave uncovered on HIGH (full power) for 2 minutes.
- It is not necessary to turn them over.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before serving.