William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A very tasty salmon whether barbecued or baked in the oven. The dill weed enhances the salmon flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the belly and remove entrails and discard.
- 2Wash inside well with cold water.
- 3Remove head and tail of salmon and discard.
- 4Cut off fins and scrape scales off fish.
- 5Rinse salmon with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 6Place salmon on doubled aluminum foil (large enough to wrap around salmon and to fold the edges so that it is sealed).
- 7In a small mixing bowl, mix together garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt and dried dill weed.
- 8Sprinkle cavity and exterior with this mixture.
- 9If using fresh dill, lay it whole in the cavity.
- 10Layer sliced onion and lemon inside fish cavity.
- 11Bring edges of aluminum foil up around the salmon.
- 12Before closing, pour olive evenly over salmon.
- 13Now add 1/2 cup of water.
- 14Fold aluminum foil over salmon and seal all edges to make air tight.
- 15Place wrapped salmon directly on barbecue grill.
- 16If baking in oven, place wrapped salmon on a metal tray and on the middle rack.
- 17COOKING TIME.
- 18Preheat barbecue or oven to 425 degrees F.
- 19Measure fish"closed" at the thickest point before stuffing with onions and lemon.
- 20For each 1 inch thickness of fish, bake for 15 minutes.
- 21Example: If fish is 2 1/2 inches thick, cooking time would be 38 to 40 minutes.
- 22DO NO OVERCOOK, meat should be opaque and flake easily with a fork.
- 23When fish is cooked, remove from barbecue or oven rack and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- 24Use CAUTION when opening foil, as the steam could burn you.
- 25Mayonnaise may be used as an alternate for olive oil.
- 26Spread 1/2 to 3/4 cup evenly on both sides of exterior of salmon.
- 27Also, add water as noted above.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Salmon Baked or Barbecued in Foil
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 28.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: