Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good, hearty meat sandwich. The beef must be sliced very thin or shredded.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cross-rib roasts, very thinly sliced
- 2 (7 inch) hoagie rolls
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pure grated fresh horseradish
- 2 teaspoons hamburger pickle relish
- 2 slices processed cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, slice or shred the roast beef very thin; set aside.
- Cut the hoagie buns 3/4 the way through, lengthwise.
- Lightly toast the buns in a toaster oven.
- Butter the buns with 2 teaspoon of butter on both halves of each bun.
- Spread mayonnaise equally on both halves of each bun.
- Spread Dijon mustard, horseradish and relish on 1 side of each bun.
- Layer half the roast beef equally on 1 side of each bun.
- Cut the processed cheese in half and layer over the roast beef.
- Now layer the remainder of roast beef over the cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold the two halves of each bun and press lightly to hold.
- Place the sandwich bun on a serving platter and cut the buns in half.
- Serve when ready to eat.
- You may also use 1 or 2 cooked asparagus spears layered in each bun.
- This sandwich may be eaten as is or use a Simple French Beef Dip, see recipe #109969.