Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A very tasty egg mixture to be served along with your main meal. I am not sure where I found the original recipe, but I modified it by adding sweet red peppers and spices to enhance the taste.
Top Review by Michelle S.
SUPERB!!!! The only modification I did was to use leftover ham instead of canned. The filling is creamy almost velevety. Prep is a breeze! The presentaion is just beautiful. Served it as a light dinner with salad. Even DH (who still clings to that "real" man garbage with quiches) adored it! Thanks Uncle Bill, I will be making this again!
- 1 whole 9 inch pie shell, unbaked (homemade or purchased)
- 4 large eggs
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 295.73 ml half-and-half cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml granulated garlic powder
- 113.39 g grated swiss cheese
- 368.54 g canned flaked ham (2 - 6 1/2 oz. cans)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced into long thin strips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream cheese, half & half cream, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder; mix well to blend.
- Layer grated Swiss cheese over the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
- Layer flaked ham over Swiss cheese.
- Layer 1/2 of the red pepper strips over the cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Top with remaining sweet red pepper strips, placing them diagonally (from centre to outside) in a decorative manner.
- Place in oven on middle rack and bake in preheated 350 F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick or a wooden skewer into the middle of the Quiche; it should come out clean.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.