1/2 Photos of Uncle Bill's Quiche Aujunbon
1 hr 5 mins
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A very tasty egg mixture to be served along with your main meal. I am not sure where I found the original recipe, but I modified it by adding sweet red peppers and spices to enhance the taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole 9 inch pie shell, unbaked (homemade or purchased)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 4 ounces grated swiss cheese
- 13 ounces canned flaked ham (2 - 6 1/2 oz. cans)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced into long thin strips, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 2In a medium size mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream cheese, half & half cream, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder; mix well to blend.
- 3Layer grated Swiss cheese over the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
- 4Layer flaked ham over Swiss cheese.
- 5Layer 1/2 of the red pepper strips over the cheese.
- 6Pour egg mixture over the top.
- 7Top with remaining sweet red pepper strips, placing them diagonally (from centre to outside) in a decorative manner.
- 8Place in oven on middle rack and bake in preheated 350 F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick or a wooden skewer into the middle of the Quiche; it should come out clean.
- 9Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Quiche Aujunbon
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.3
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.0 mg
- Sodium 1318.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g