Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am not certain where I found this recipe, however, I made some changes to the original recipe and found it to be so much better.
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 3⁄8 cup butter, melted
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 10 ounces sweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
chocolate for dipping
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel one large potato, cut into chunks and place in a medium size saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to boil.
- Cook until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together 1 cup of mashed potatoes and melted butter; mix well to blend.
- Add confectioners' sugar, sweetend coconut, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt; mix well to incorporate.
- Lightly grease your hands with butter and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into small 1 inch balls or ovals.
- Place on a plate or cookie sheet and chill while preparing the chocolate dip.
- CHOCOLATE DIP.
- In a double boiler, melt semi-sweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate squares.
- Add butter and mix well to blend.
- Dip each piece of chocolate to coat well and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place in refrigerator to harden.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- NOTE: You may use either smooth or crunchy peanut butter.