William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This filling is very popular with most people and they like the perogies with both the onion and garlic added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium size saucepan, add potatoes and just cover with water.
- 2Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3Drain and mash potatoes.
- 4Add grated cheese and mix well.
- 5Cheese will melt and will be incorporated with the potatoes.
- 6In a frying pan, add butter, chopped onions and garlic and saute' for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7Add saute'ed onion/garlic to the potatoes in the saucepan and mix well.
- 8Add beaten eggs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 9The amount of filling to use will depend on the size of Mini Form you will be using.
- 10If using the 4" Mini Form, use 1 heaping tablespoon of filling.
- 11The filling mix handles best when cooled.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Potato/Cheddar Filling for Perogies
Serving Size: 1 (1439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 82.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g