William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
It took me a long time to develop a good, tender and tasty pork chop recipe after trying many different recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml butter
- 3 large boneless center cut pork chops, minimum 1-inch thick (6 ounces each)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1-10 ounce. can cream of mushroom soup
- 59.14 ml whole milk, homogenized
- 59.14 ml freshly grated padano cheese
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml sambal oelek
- 0.59 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 236.59 ml finely sliced onion
- 236.59 ml grated russet potatoes (scrub only) or 236.59 ml yukon gold potato (scrub only)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Prepare a 9" x 9" oven-proof casserole dish by rubbing inside with butter.
- 3In a frying pan on medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add pork chops and sear for about 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- 4Transfer the pork chops to the prepared casserole dish in a single layer.
- 5In a mixing bowl, whisk together, mushroom soup, whole milk, padano cheese, salt, Sambal Oelek and freshly grated nutmeg. Pour mixture over the pork chops.
- 6Sprinkle the sliced onion over the top, then sprinkle with the grated potato over the top.
- 7Layer the julienned sweet red pepper over the top.
- 8Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 9Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 30 minutes.
- 10Reduce heat to 375 F and continue to cook covered, for another 15 minutes.
- 11Serve over cooked rice if desired.
- 12You can double this recipe but will require a larger casserole dish.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Pork Chops in Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.8
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 779.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: