Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A very light salad to add to any dinner meals. I developed this recipe in 1995 and it has been a highly rated salad.
Top Review by Cookbook Barbie
I love this one, Uncle Bill. I, too left the peas whole, as that's how we like them. I also threw in some shredded cheddar cheese. It is very refreshing and I will be using it often for picnics this summer! Thanks for a winner!
- 2 cups frozen tiny peas (whole)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 slices bacon, fried until crispy
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-proof dish, microwave peas on HIGH (full power) for 2 minutes; stir.
- Continue to microwave for an additional 2 minutes on HIGH (full power).
- Drain and cool completely with cold water and ice cubes; then drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together peas, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill weed, onions and celery and mix well to blend.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon until well done and crispy; DO NOT BURN.
- Place fried bacon on paper toweling to drain.
- Crumble bacon and garnish salad when serving.