Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
The nugget potatoes are in full swing and I have been experimenting making these lovely potatoes for a different taste and flavor. This is a very easy recipe to make.
- 12 small nugget potatoes, washed well and quartered
- 6 mint leaves
- 8 ounces cream cheese (garden vegetable)
- 6 tablespoons whole milk, homogenized
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or cooking pot, add potatoes and mint leaves, cover with water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for about 8 minutes or until potatoes are just tender; Do not overcook.
- Drain well, discard mint leaves, and place potatoes in a large mixing bowl and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe dish, add cream cheese, milk, red pepper, dill weed, basil, salt and pepper and microwave on HIGH (full power) for 50 to 60 seconds or until cream cheese is melted, stirring at half time.
- Remove from microwave and pour mixture over potatoes and mix well to coat.
- Serve while hot.