Recipe by cookin'forusinTN
I adopted this recipe from a North American Hunting Club magazine a few years ago. My hubby is a big deer hunter. We love when hunting season gets here because this recipe becomes a weekly treat. This is an easy recipe, that is very filling. I usually fix a pan of cornbread to go with it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs venison, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large baking potatoes, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed minestrone soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's beef and barley soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can green peas, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can carrots, undrained
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven or large stockpot, heat oil, sear meat.
- Reduce heat to med, add potatoes & onion, cook until potatoes are fork tender & onion becomes translucent.
- Add all the canned ingredients & the bay leaves. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to low, cook for one hour.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- **Note: This can be converted to a crockpot recipe, sear the meat as directed in step 1 and then combine all ingredients in a crockpot. Let it cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4.