Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
I developed this recipe in 1986 after we discovered my wife had a serious Cholesterol problem. She never ate tofu and I never cooked it until then. Now she cooks tofu at least twice a week and loves it.
Top Review by EmilyStrikesAgain
Very good. Didn't have oyster sauce or fresh parsley (omitted the oyster sauce and used dried parsley), but this was still great. Very simple, but the soy and garlic were a great combination. I will splurge on the oyster sauce next time though- its only a TBSP but I feel like it would spice it up a bit.
- 1⁄2 lb tofu, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tofu across the narrow side and about 1/2 inch thickness, then cut in half.
- In a small bowl, add tofu and pour soy sauce over.
- Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- Add garlic and saute' for 1 minute, but do not burn.
- Add tofu and any soy sauce not absorbed and cook each side for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add oyster sauce, sesame oil and chopped fresh parsley, cover and cook for about 2 minutes, turning tofu once at half way.
- Serve immediately.