William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I found that this marinade works well for Turkey Jerky as well. The beer helps tenderize the meat and the brown sugar and pancake syrup gives it that little bit of a sweet taste.
My Private Note
lbs. of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless inside round roast
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tempura dipping sauce
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/4 cup pancake syrup, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup beer, of your choice
- 1If using fresh fresh purchased meat, freeze partially for easy slicing.
- 2Slice meat approximately 1/8 inch thickness.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, mix together liquid smoke, soy sauce, sesame oil, tempura dipping sauce, minced garlic, garlic powder, brown sugar, pancake syrup and black pepper, mix well to blend using a whisk.
- 4Add beer to mixture and mix gently using a spoon.
- 5Place sliced meat into marinade and marinate for at least 2 hours and even up to 4 hours.
- 6Place marinated slices on trays in dehydrator.
- 7If desired, sprinkle with additional black pepper to suit your own taste.
- 8The length of time to dehydrate depends on the type of a unit you are using.
- 9There are units available that have a built-in fan and this reduces the time by almost 50%.
- 10Generally, the time for dehydration will be from 6 hours to 16 hours.
- 11Turn the strips of jerky over and change the trays to a different level.
- 12Continue to dehydrate until slices are crispy, chewy and to your liking.
- 13Cool and store in glass containers with lid.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Marinade for Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (2241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1094.6
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 281.2 mg
- Sodium 8334.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 61.5 g
- Protein 109.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tempura dipping sauce