Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This is Russian dish that was developed many years ago during the times when money was very scarce. I modified this recipe almost 50 years ago and it is a very easy to make and tasty dish.
- 5 packages ramen noodles, do not use the spices
- 3 cups water, for cooking noodles
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add noodles and 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a 8" x 8" oven-proof casserole dish by rubbing inside with a vegetable oil or margarine.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together eggs, whipping cream, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add noodles and stir to mix well.
- Pour noodle mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with melted margarine or butter.
- You can eat the Lapshevnik cold as it is good as a quick snack.