Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This recipe has been in the family for over 100 years. It is an excellent combination of various ingredients and delicious when served nicely chilled.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large eggs, hard boiled
- 5 cups cold water
- 2 medium cucumbers, unpeeled and grated (8-inch cucumbers are very nice)
- 8 large radishes, grated
- 4 large green onions, chopped small
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill weed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size saucepan, add potatoes, cover with water and cook until done, about 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes into a bowl and mash well; set aside.
- Peel hard boiled eggs, mash well and add to mashed potatoes; mix well to incorporate.
- In a large glass bowl, add cold water, mashed potato/egg mixture, grated cucumbers, grated radishes, chopped green onion, fresh dill weed, lemon juice, white vinegar, black pepper and salt; mix very well to blend.
- Adust seasonings to taste.
- Just before serving, add 6 ice cubes and let chill for about 10 minutes.
- Serve chilled.