William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe has been in my family for many years and is always enjoyed by anyone who had then opportunity to taste it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 lb small fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 16 fluid ounces beef broth
- 3 fluid ounces vodka
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1Cut beef tenderloin into 1/2 inch cubes and add to a medium size mixing bowl.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- 3Pour mixture over cubed tenderloin and mix well to coat.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate.
- 5In a medium size frying pan on medium-high heat, melt butter, add onions and saute' for 5 minutes.
- 6Add marinated meat mixture and saute' an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 7Add dry mustard, mushrooms, tomato paste and cook 10 minutes longer on medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 8Stir in beef broth and vodka and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9In a small bowl, whisk together water and flour until smooth.
- 10Prime rib meat also makes a good Stoganoff.
- 11Add flour mixture slowly to frying pan, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- 12Just before serving, stir in whipping cream until well blended.
- 13Serve over cooked rice or noodles of your choice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Kiev Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.7
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 128.1 mg
- Sodium 355.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 30.9 g