Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
I have been making this Rum Toddy for many years. This is good on cold days, a cold or a sore throat. I am not suggesting it is a cure, but it is tasty.
Top Review by Shelly G.
This was excellent!! I didn't have rum on hand, so I substituted with crown royal maple whiskey.. and it was delicious!!! My hubby had to crawl to bed after this one and didn't seem to notice his flu anymore..hahaha :)
- 3 ounces dark rum (or to suit taste)
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 piece lemon rind
- 1⁄16 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 -4 inch cinnamon stick (whole)
- 6 -8 ounces boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- To a large heavy duty cup or glass, add rum, honey, lemon juice, 1/2 lemon rind, and nutmeg. Stand cinnamon stick in the cup.
- Pour the boiling water and stir well to blend.
- Adjust honey to suit your sweetness and adjust lemon juice to suit your taste.
- Sip slowly and enjoy.