1/9 Photos of Uncle Bill's Hamburger Patties
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I cooked these patties for a Fund Raiser and served over 260 persons, both young and mature. They were a tremendously big hit with all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground round, beaten eggs, onions, soda crackers, garlic powder, salt, pepper and barbecue sauce. Mix until well incorporated.
- 2Weigh out hamburger patties to 6 - 7 ounce each.
- 3Press together and flatten to about 3 1/2" in diameter or use a mold.
- 4The patties should be about 3/4" thick.
- 5Using a round wooden spoon handle (about 1/4" round), make a hole in the center of the hamburger pattie.
- 6In a frying pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- 7Place 3 patties into the hot oil and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, the hole will begin to close.
- 8Turn patty over and continue to fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9The hole that was made in the pattie will fill in when the hamburger is cooked through properly.
- 10Check for doneness to make sure there is no pink showing.
- 11NOTE: If the burger mixture does not hold together when squeezed, add some milk and mix to blend.
- 12Serve in a nice large bun that is warmed and buttered with a spread of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, a slice of sweet onion, a slice of a large tomato, and a leaf of lettuce.
- 13A slice of Swiss cheese layered on the burger patty is great.
- 14A pickle of your choice adds an additional touch.
- 15Fry some mushrooms and spread some over the top of the bun.
- 16Fried caramalized onions are a good added touch.
- 17This makes a fantastic hamburger.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Hamburger Patties
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.9
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.2 mg
- Sodium 468.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 33.1 g