1/4 Photos of Uncle Bill's Graham and Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I have been using this crust recipe for many of the pies that I make. As requested, I am posting the crust recipe. This recipe can be adapted to many different pies. This is a typical recipe that can be adapted to many different pies, cheesecake squares, raspberry cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine graham wafer and vanilla cookie crumbs and almonds, mix well to combine.
- 2Cut in butter using a pastry blender or a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Prepare a 9 inch oven-proof pie dish by spraying with some vegetable oil, then dust with flour, Shake off any excess flour off the pie dish and discard.
- 4This prevents the shell from sticking to the dish when baked.
- 5Spoon wafter mixture into the pie dish; press evenly to the bottom and sides using a rounded soup spoon. Also, use a potato masher with small holes or squares to firm the bottom crumb mixture. The thickness should be about 1/4 inch.
- 6Place the prepared pie dish in the freezer compartment for 30 minutes.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400 F oven to set the crust.
- 8Cool baked pie crust and continue with your pie filling mixture of your choice.
- 9Pecans can also be used for some pie recipes.
- 10Suggested recipes to look at: #87452, #18007, #18795, #18705, #18353, #18457.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Graham and Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1917.1
- Calories from Fat 1097
- Total Fat 121.9 g
- Saturated Fat 41.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 1462.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 188.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 28.1 g