Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very nice creamy dressing that goes well with a mixed lettuce and vegetable salad. Also, use as dip for fresh vegetables. I developed this recipe 12 years ago.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Kraft Miracle Whip preferred)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 large sweet red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 large yellow pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon beau monde seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt and sour cream.
- Seed red and yellow peppers, dice finely and add to bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well to blend.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serve as a dip with fresh vegetables or wedge baked potatoes.
- This dip is also very good in a mixed lettuce salad.
- Just add about 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar if using as a dressing for a salad.
A dill-lover's verdict: a really excellent dip for chips or carrot & celery sticks. Also good in roast beef roll-ups: spread on a thin slice of roast beef and roll up around the green stalk from a scallion. Mmmmm....
This recipe made a very attractive dip/dressing. The flavor was nice as a dip, but we did not care for it as a dressing for a mixed lettuce salad....the dill flavor was a little too overpowering. I do think this might be nice on a baked potato as the chef suggested.