Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
For those who enjoy a variety of fruit and a healthy snack, try this recipe. I have offered 3 dressing choices.
- 4 crispy lettuce wraps
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1⁄2 cup diced melon
- 1⁄2 cup diced mango
- 1⁄2 cup diced papaya
- 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup canned pineapple chunk
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
fruit dip dressing
- 3 ounces Dream Whip topping mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup whole milk, homogenized
yogurt fruit dressing
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup french vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip Topping
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, 6 year old
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Crispy wraps are already pre-washed and ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cantaloupe, melon, mango, papaya, green and red grapes, pineapple chunks and sliced almonds.
- Choose one of the dressings of your choice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or mix together the ingredients of your choice of dressing.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the fruit in amounts to suit your taste and mix lightly to coat the fruit.
- Divide the fruit mixture into 4 equal amounts.
- Spoon mixture into each crispy wrap.
- NOTE: You may also use sweetened flaked coconut as a sprinkle.
- As a further choice, you can use diced apples, kiwi fruit or bananas in the fruit mix.