1/21 Photos of Uncle Bill's Fried Potatoes and Onions
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I remember my Grandmother making this marvelous dish over 65 years ago. We were the only vegetarians in our family and therefore Grandma cooked just to please me. A very easy, simple but tasty side dish. Young potatoes are especially good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice potatoes about 1/8 inch thick or thinner.
- 2Slice onion thinly.
- 3In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, melt butter, add olive oil.
- 4Add sliced potatoes and onions, cover and fry for 10 minutes. Using a spatula, turn the potatoes and onions over so they do not break apart. If potatoes appear too dry, add some additional butter.
- 5Sprinkle with granulated garlic powder, dried dill weed, salt and pepper and continue to fry with cover removed for another 5 minutes or until potatoes begin to turn slightly brown; turning occasionally.
- 6Serve hot with your meal.
- 7Note: You may use 2 or 3 large garlic cloves (chopped small), instead of granulated garlic powder. Add to the potatoes after the first 10 minutes of cooking time.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Fried Potatoes and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 271.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 8.0 g