I remember my Grandmother making this marvelous dish over 65 years ago. We were the only vegetarians in our family and therefore Grandma cooked just to please me. A very easy, simple but tasty side dish. Young potatoes are especially good.
- Peel and slice potatoes about 1/8 inch thick or thinner.
- Slice onion thinly.
- In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, melt butter, add olive oil.
- Add sliced potatoes and onions, cover and fry for 10 minutes. Using a spatula, turn the potatoes and onions over so they do not break apart. If potatoes appear too dry, add some additional butter.
- Sprinkle with granulated garlic powder, dried dill weed, salt and pepper and continue to fry with cover removed for another 5 minutes or until potatoes begin to turn slightly brown; turning occasionally.
- Serve hot with your meal.
- Note: You may use 2 or 3 large garlic cloves (chopped small), instead of granulated garlic powder. Add to the potatoes after the first 10 minutes of cooking time.