Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An excellent side dish that enhances your meal.
- Wash and scrub beets, cut off the tails and the end.
- In a saucepan, add beets, just cover with water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until beets are just tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain and immediately pour cold water over beets.
- When cool enough to handle, remove skins and discard.
- Grate beets.
- In a mixing bowl, add grated beets, sugar and salt, mix well.
- In a frying pan, melt butter, add beet mixture and saute' for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Let cool slightly before using.
- Use about 3 tablespoons of filling for each pyrahi.
- You can also use canned regular beets.
- Grate the beets and prepare them as above.