1/1 Photo of Uncle Bill's French Dip and Roast Beef Sandwich
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe goes back many years, very simple to make, and it tastes delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons dry onion soup mix (Liptons)
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 lb finely sliced deli roast beef or 1 lb of your own cooked beef
- 4 large hoagie rolls or 4 large italian buns or 4 large portuguese buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons horseradish, freshly processed (or more)
- salt and pepper
- 1Process dry onion soup mix in a coffee grinder until fine.
- 2In a one quart microwave safe casserole dish or glass measure, add water, instant beef bouillon and dry onion soup mix.
- 3Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 4 to 5 minutes until mixture has fully dissolved, stirring at least once.
- 4Remove, cover and set aside to keep hot.
- 5If you are using your own cooked roast beef, use an adjustable mandoline set on very thin, slice the amount of meat as required. You may also use a very sharp knife to slice the meat very thin.
- 6If you desire the meat warm, place the thinly sliced meat on a micro-safe plate, cover with a paper towel and microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until meat is just warm.
- 7Cut buns partialy through lengthwise, leaving a hinge.
- 8Butter each piece and spread some horseradish over each half.
- 9Layer warmed sliced beef into buns; about 1/4 pound for each bun.
- 10Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Close sandwich bun and place on individual plates and cut sandwich in half.
- 12Pour beef broth mixture into individual small bowls.
- 13Dip sandwich into beef broth mixture and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's French Dip and Roast Beef Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.2
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 2265.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 26.7 g