Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Cranberries are in season and this recipe is a great tasty treat especially with fresh cranberries.
Make and share this Uncle Bill's Cranberry Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into squares
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- BASE Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Butter a 13" x 9" oven-proof baking dish.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse flour, sugar, salt and butter and whirl until crumbly.
- Spread into prepared baking dish and pat down lightly.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 325 F oven for 20 minutes.
- Scatter cranberries over warm baked base.
- Sprinkle over with shredded coconut.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and lemon juice until well blended.
- Gradually whisk in flour and baking powder.
- Pour lemon mixture over top (it will spread to fill dish during baking).
- Bake uncovered in preheated 325 F oven for about 55 to 60 minutes or until middle is set and edges are golden.
- Cool before cutting.
- Cut into 3" x 1 1/2" squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or you may freeze the squares.
Excellent! Yummy combo of sweet and tart. I only buy unsweetened coconut, so that is what I used and it seemed to work well. I didn't need the full baking times stated, but I think that is likely because of the type of pan I used. This is definitely a recipe I will be making again. Thanks for posting!
I made this recipe as a last minute addition to my holiday cookies because I happened to have a bag of fresh cranberries that I didn't know what to do with. I didn't really have high hopes for these bars, but the result was awesome! Of all the cookies I made this year for the holidays, these bars were the ones that went first. I have to admit that they don't look that pretty coming out of the oven, but I trimmed off the browned uneven edges, and the bars looked much better. I will definitely be making this recipe again!
Well, I didn't have a lemon, so used OJ & zest too. I also used the whole bag of crans and it came out too tart. Otherwise, just plain marvelous!