1/1 Photo of Uncle Bill's Cranberry Salsa
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe was found in a magazine and it turned out to be very tasty and easy to make. Wish to share it with you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers or 2 tablespoons use 1 medium fresh jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 (14 ounce) package spinach tortillas
- 1Rinse cranberries in cold water.
- 2In a food processor, add cranberries, apple, red pepper and onion and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- 3Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 4In a separate mixing bowl, stir together sugar, apple juice, cilantro, Jalapeno pepper and lime zest; mix well to blend.
- 5Add this mixture to the cranberry mixture and mix well to blend.
- 6Spoon into jars with a cover and refrigerate.
- 7To prepare Tortillas:.
- 8Heat oven to 375°F.
- 9Using a tree-shaped cookie cutter, cut 6 trees from each tortilla, or cut the tortillas into wedges.
- 10Place cut tortilla on an ungreased cookie sheets.
- 11Bake in preheated 375 F oven for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- 12You may also place the cut tortillas on parchment paper and microwave on HIGH (full power) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until nice and crisp.
- 13Store tortilla chips in a plastic bag.
- 14Serve cranberry salsa with tortilla chips.
- 15Frozen cranberries can also be used to make the salsa.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Cranberry Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (996 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: