Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe was found in a magazine and it turned out to be very tasty and easy to make. Wish to share it with you.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 large sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers or 2 tablespoons use 1 medium fresh jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 (14 ounce) package spinach tortillas
- Rinse cranberries in cold water.
- In a food processor, add cranberries, apple, red pepper and onion and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together sugar, apple juice, cilantro, Jalapeno pepper and lime zest; mix well to blend.
- Add this mixture to the cranberry mixture and mix well to blend.
- Spoon into jars with a cover and refrigerate.
- To prepare Tortillas:.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Using a tree-shaped cookie cutter, cut 6 trees from each tortilla, or cut the tortillas into wedges.
- Place cut tortilla on an ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375 F oven for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- You may also place the cut tortillas on parchment paper and microwave on HIGH (full power) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until nice and crisp.
- Store tortilla chips in a plastic bag.
- Serve cranberry salsa with tortilla chips.
- Frozen cranberries can also be used to make the salsa.
This is super good! I added a little less sugar and a little more jalapeno..... It's pretty addicting.
I really liked this. A little sweet, a little spicy. I added extra jalapeno's. Used a green bell pepper since I didn't have red - but now that I see it, I like it with the green. Shared this with some friends and the second one of them tasted it, she immediately asked for the recipe. Thanks for sharing!
I made the Salsa as gifts for my staff. They loved the taste and the presentation with the christmas tree chips. Thanks for the great recipe. Tee